Performancing Metrics

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter 2009


We have a tradition that started when I was a little girl. When I was growing up the Easter Bunny always hid our baskets and we searched for them. This is what we do for our children, except we hunt for baskets on Saturday morning so that Sunday can be devoted to thoughts of the Savior and his atonement and resurrection on Easter. Here the children are finding their baskets. It was fun to watch the kids all help Arya find her basket. Savannah looked in the cupboard three times before she found her basket!

On Sunday we got the kids ready for church and then attempted to take photos in their Spring clothes. I LOVE gingham fabric. This is the first time I have used it to make clothes for the kids. Each child has his or her 'color.' Alyssa has loved blue for the longest time, Savannah has purple. Alanna loves purple, but pink too, so that is her color. Arya has been our little sunshine yellow baby. SO, I made their dresses with their 'color.' Nathan really wanted me to make him a tie. Friday night I spent hours cutting, ironing, sewing, ironing, handsewing, ironing, and more handsewing. Saturday morning when I could finally move my arm again after all of the sewing I finished hand sewing his tie. (for some reason my arm aches really, really bad after sewing for too long. I think it a problem with the way I sit when I sew and it pinches nerves in my back that go down to my arm. After sewing too long I literally can't lift my right arm past my waist.)

I have a very talented friend that makes these adorable crocheted cupcake purses. I bought one for each girl to match their dresses. The girls love them. If you want one, here is the link to her website: Beaded Head 2 Toe. They are custom made and they are simply adorable. The cupcake purses aren't listed on her website yet, but if you want one, just email her.


So Saturday night I was looking at all of their cute dresses, tie, and adorable cupcake purses, and I wanted one of my own! So, I whipped up this little purse Saturday night. I LOVE it! It fit all of the little books I take for Arya and Alanna to church.
The girls had their little white gloves to match their dresses.






Here are the kids egg hunting on Sunday (which we usually do Saturday, but ran out of time). Arya was so funny. She didn't want to bend down to get the eggs off of the ground, so she picked up the ones that were up a little higher. I had laid a row of eggs on our brick wall and she went along the line collecting them. She thought she was putting them in her basket, but everyone she dropped, actually went to the ground! Alanna went around behind her picking them up and putting them in her own basket! If you look closely you can see a pink egg falling to the ground.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The dresses are so cute. I love how you used a different color for each girl.

David y Amy said...

You are amazing--You just whipped up that purse!! I love the dresses, and accessories. What a fun day! I still need you to show me how to make dresses:) I feel like its been forever since I've talked to you. Hope to talk to you soon.