Performancing Metrics

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Girls love shoes

I have to start with some history. My mom had nine children. The ninth was a girl. She was (is) spoiled, but still a sweet girl. My mom LOVES shoes. She has about 100 pairs. If I count all of mine, even the ones I don't wear for one reason or another, I have 8. No, my baby sister, before she started kindergarten had over 30 pairs of shoes!! She had three different pairs of Converse in various colors. I never understood this. WHY does a four year old need so many shoes??? Well, I haven't hit that extreme yet, but, Arya has more shoes that any of my other children ever had. She really only has 8 pairs that fit her at the moment, but none of my other children ever had more that three. Part of the reason, I am sure, is because she is my last little baby and everything is sooooo cute, I just have to have it!



While we were up in North Dakota a few weeks ago I ran across the MOST adorable pair of shoes. I just had to have them. But they were more expensive than I have ever spent on myself or any of my other children on shoes! (Well I am a serious cheapskate when it comes to buying clothing and shoes). SO, here they are, the cutest little Roobez I have ever seen.
It just so happens that Arya LOVES these shoes too. She wears them constantly.
Well, Santa caught onto the shoe love we have going and got here these cute slippers for Christmas. She didn't take them off all day on Christmas and even wore them out running errands the next day. It is pretty cute. Everytime she looks down and sees Santa, she waves at her slippers.




2 comments:

The Butler Bunch said...

Ok, this is a little wierd. You don't know me, but I was on MY blog, and clicked on something, and it went to YOUR blog...So, being nosy, I scrolled down, and was struck by the beautiful picture of the San Diego Temple. Anyway, yup, I'm LDS too. What a cute family you have. My family even used to live in Vista, close to where you are. Two of my children were born in Oceanside. Small world isn't it? Anyway, you have a beautiful little family. And you sound like a wonderful mom. My children are older than yours, but I remember those days when they were all little. Those are precious memories. Enjoy every last mess, every cute phrase. It really does go fast. Happy New Year!

Camille said...

Wow! Thanks for stopping by. What a small world! Happy New Year to you too!