We came home in August and decided to move! During the first week of school we moved from one house to another. Jared was still in Texas. It was amazing the help I received from friends, family, and members of my church. People came over before the move and took all of the heavy stuff from upstairs to the downstairs. TONS of people came the day of the move. We were moving from 8am until 9pm. I was so grateful to everyone and especially for our sweet friend who took my kids (so I could have 15 minutes of peace) and got us pizza for dinner after we hadn't eaten most of the day. Then even more people came over to help me clean our old house to get it in perfect condition to turn the keys in. It was crazy and oh so difficult to have Jared gone during this time, but I had so much help.
Then my computer crashed. Hard to homeschool with no computer. Jared ended up coming home mid September to help me out. It was just too hard on both of us at this point to have him gone.
October was fun with Halloween. Alyssa was Snow White, Nathan was Charlie Brown, Savannah was Fancy Nancy (FUNNEST costume I ever made!), Alanna and Arya were Sparkle Fairies.
This is a picture of Arya waiting for Amy Ayala to come pick her up for preschool.
November has been a very difficult month. Our very good friends the Ayala Family moved. We have been good friends with them for five years. We did dance lessons together, preschool, and even started a business together. Alanna cried and cried as they were moving. Arya talks all the time about her best friend Sofi and how much she misses her. Such a hole when people leave.
I've been looking for work. Jared has been getting a few side jobs. People have been calling him for alarm systems. We have been very blessed, but every day is a struggle.
Alyssa and Nathan are both involved in Musical Theatre through school. Alyssa got a lead role this year. The are doing Fiddler on the Roof. Alyssa auditioned and got the part for the middle sister Hodel. She is the only female lead with a solo! Nathan is in the ensemble. This is his first year. He is very talented and I'm sure will get better parts as he gets older.
I'm working with the Cub Scouts now as Cubmaster. I love these sweet boys. We are planning our first Arrow of Light Ceremony. It will be great!
I am so thankful for all I have. Things sure could be better, they have been better in the past, but I have a wonderful family, beautiful, smart, amazing children, a husband I wouldn't trade for anything, a warm house to live in, food on my table, and we are all healthy and working on being happy.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment