Performancing Metrics

Monday, March 15, 2010

What do people do on Saturdays???

I don't know what 'normal' people do on Saturdays, but my Saturdays are spent cleaning the house, running errands, getting ready for Sunday, and doing church responsibilities. Earlier this week my dad called me up and told me he is leaving for China next week and will be gone for about a month. He invited us up to his house for a visit before we left and to celebrate Nathan's birthday in February and Jared's birthday next week.

So, as the week progressed, we got a little behind in school work and were forced to do it Saturday before we left for my dad's house. The kids were so excited to go to my dad's house that they got up at 6am and all started on their school work! It was great (except that they woke me up at 6am asking how to spell different words!). So by 10am school work was done, chores were done, and we were on our way up to Diamond Bar to visit my dad.

It was so nice!!! We visited with him for a little while at his house, the kids played games with their adorable cousin, and then we went out to eat. My dad took us to the Old Spaghetti Factory which was a real treat because we rarely go out to eat anymore, much less to a REAL restaurant! Then we went to the Brea Mall. I haven't just walked around at a mall to window shop for years. I was amazed at all of the people that were there. It was packed!! I live a sheltered life I guess!

Arya wanted to walk without holding my hand out of the mall. The only way I could keep her with me was to tell her to follow Grandpa. So, she put her hands behind her back (like Grandpa had his) and followed Grandpa out the mall and through most of the parking lot! Cute!!

We drove home around 4pm and it was the most relaxing Saturday I have had in many, many months. (I will say that I spent the ride up and back hand binding the quilt I am working on. Can't have any idle time!)

It was loads of fun to visit with my dad, who always makes me laugh, visit with my brother, who is always such a kid and makes my kids laugh, visit with my wonderful sister-in-law, who is always so sweet and thoughtful, and visit with my cute nephew, who knows more about technology than me! Wish I had some photos to post; I guess this one will just go down as a memory, but it was a very nice day.

2 comments:

David y Amy said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a well deserved day of fun! Glad you had such a great time:)

Jenny said...

We spend ours cleaning and shopping.
So that we will be ready for Sunday.